DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

No hot water coming thorugh mixer shower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveJ987

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote

I've recently (last month) had a new thermostatic mixer shower fitted - the manufacturer is Mayfair (product code SFL119). Its gravity fed, with hot water from the tank in the airing cupboard and cold from the cold water tank in the loft.

Its been fine until today but today there is no hot water coming through it -putting the temp to cold, the cold comes through fine but move it to hotter and it slows to a tiny trickle - i.e. theres no hot water being allowed to come through.

The water everywhere else in the house, including the bathroom where the shower is, is fine, both hot and cold - so the problem is isolated to the shower itself.

As it's brand new it seems more unlikely to be a problem with the valve itself - I'm wondering if it could be an air lock?

Would really appreciate any suggestions/ advice - many thanks!!
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Technotim

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote

I would be supprized if that shower works well off of gravity feed I would have assumed 0.5bar pressure required as a Minimum. The manufacturers site does not help with no specification details.

I would take the handset off of the hose lower the hose as much as poss then see if you can get a flow. if you leave it running for a couple of minutes if its air then it might do it, but not always.

If not take the valve off from the wall after turning off the supplies you can run off some water that way.

while it is off the wall check the inlet filters and non return valves if there are any.

Good luck.
 Alert Moderators
SteveJ987

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote

Thanks Technotim - took the hose off and ran it through for a few minutes - must have been air as that sorted it - cheers
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: