Cats using my new gravel area as a toilet!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently gravelled an area of my garden and all the local cats are using it to take dumps on! Whats the best thing to use on gravel to stop this happening?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I've tried Jeyes Fluid, cat repellent and neither work. If you find something let me know. What some people say works others don't. Large slate chips (approx 5cm) may be better.

your own cat will keep others off its territory. it will also keep its own territory clean by burying its waste.

ground which is uninhabited (by cats) they will consider is waste ground.

you could also try peeing on the ground yourself as most animals avoid the territory of large, mature, male carnivores.

if you don't want to get a cat yourself, which is good advice above, then I have had good results by sprinkling the area with Lion Dung, which I used to buy at local garden centre. It's pelleted form in a box, very clean to use and you won't notice it. Initially they might try to compete for a short time, but then they leave the area alone. I found it lasted for 6 months.

Sponsored Links
There are battery operated sonic sensors available on ebay, worked for me and also worked for my Mum(she never comes round any more, boom boom). Seriously both used the and problem went away. They don't like getting the old sonic burst to the head.

Cheers for the tips guys, a very varied response...peeing on it myself, lion droppings or a sonic blast to the head! :LOL:

I think i'll take a leak on it tonight and then look into getting some lion jobbies if that doesnt work.

thanks

Al

A word of warning. My neighbour tried one of the sonic devices but when his kids came to stay he had to turn it off as they could hear it! So it might not be good if you have young(ish) children.

Urgh, my neighbours have loads of cats and they poo'd all over my doormat. I've put some bleach down so hopefully the smell'll keep them away, otherwise I'm getting one of those sonic thingies...

i`ve got cats myself and although i love them i hate it when they crap in my flower beds, especially when i go to turn the soil over and get a handful of it, what i found worked was i put a small tray of sharp sand near my flower bed, and they started to use that, easy to empty and hidden by a flower pot, or my dads suggestion, a high powered air-rifle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back