New Project - Extension Plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I've been lurking on this site for a while, but now its the time to start posting and ask a few questions.

Backgroud.
Right, well we've found a nice 1920's house on a corner plot. The house in in need of modernisation, but crucially it has a large front and back garden and about 25 feet on the side of the house (up to the border which runs down the side of our boundary).

So, first question.

I had a good poke around and have found that the water come into the property from the side, not the usual up the drive method. It appears that there is a water main (and a fire hydrant) running down the side of the property along the boundary between us and road - imagine the plot is a rectangle and it runs along the long side.

Now, here is the big issue - I've done the some research that suggest we need 3 metres between the water main and any building - this would knacker our plans completely. Is this correct? Are there any other ways around this?

Many thanks.

Iain

Sponsored Links
contact the water authority they'll confirm easements. You should also of been made aware of any easements within your boundary in your conveyancing plans

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back