Bathstore - there's more than meets the eye...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... at least, more than you can find on their website or in the catalogue ("The Bathstore Book"). I've been scouring the web looking for just the right shower enclosure, including repeated browsing of the bathstore.com website, without success. Since I was passing, I went into the Milton Keynes shop and (gasp!) actually SPOKE TO A PERSON - from a cupboard in the sales area he pulled out several different manufacturers' brochures, including one which has exactly the thing I'm looking for (Kermi). Turns out Bathstore can sell you many more products than they let on, and (at least in my case) at a darn good price!
I've read varying reviews of Bathstore products, some very happy, some pretty damning, but I reckon you need to look at each item individually, since they're sourced from various manufacturers - for instance, Bathstore shower trays and frames are actually made by Simpsons, a classy (i.e. expensive) brand...

...and just in case you were wondering, I have no connection at all with Bathstore, other than being a satisfied customer twice already, and hopefully a third time!

Sponsored Links
Yeah decent gear but why don't they provide better installation instructions?! I'm not bad at plumbing but some of that left me scratching my head!!

Bathstore are owned by Wolseley Group, aka Plumb Center.

They were bought to enable Plumb Center stuff to be sold at retail money.

We have used them for customer orders and our local branch (Redhill, Surrey) is run by a very knowledgeable and helpful team, highly recommended.

We have had less good experiences at some other branches, though....

Sponsored Links
If you buy a known brand from them, they're just a shop, with variations as any other.
If you buy their own brand stuff, you can get what looks and performs like a cheap copy of a known-brand item, specced and made badly, with shop staff who are unable to help.
Caveat emptor.

If you buy a known brand from them, they're just a shop, with variations as any other.
If you buy their own brand stuff, you can get what looks and performs like a cheap copy of a known-brand item, specced and made badly, with shop staff who are unable to help.
Caveat emptor.

Punter of mine bought a jaccuzzi bath from them ,it lasted 6 months -you can't use the bath or at least you can't drain the bath without flooding the bathroom because one of the hoses on the jacuzzi/whirlpool is burst-and then they were given the runaround and told to get someone to fix it themselves and BS would pay but they can't or couldn't get anyone so the bath will have to come out which means destroying the newly tiled bathroom,BS don't want to know.

I left them to contact a solicitor ,haven't heard yet how they got on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back