Central Heating Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even with the thermostat on full,my radiators never seem to be as hot as others I have touched in other peoples houses. Would it have anything to do with the thermostat on my hot water tank being turned down to 60 degrees (complying with washing machine manual) that I am not getting a full heat out the radiators?. They have been bleeded recently.

Sponsored Links
your hot water temp has got nothing to do with the temp of your radiators, is your boiler big enough to cope with the number of rads you have.

Thanks for your reply and for clearing that up for me. I would expect the boiler is sufficient as is a relatively new house so has not been long fitted

Sponsored Links
Gawd!!! I never thought of that...I had a look at the boiler and it's set on 2 out of 6. I expect turning it up to 5 shall resolve the dilemma. Thanks alot for that, it's always the simpliest little things

[Edited by Graeme on 27-12-2002 at 15:04 PM GMT]

that the answer,it should be plenty hot enough on 4 if the boiler is topside its job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back