bitumen prices!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,having been using torch down systems for the last 10 years,have recently been offered some pour and roll work something i havent done for a good while!be very interested in what contractors are paying for their keg bitumen around the country as it seem to have gone up fantastically since i was last regulary buying it! almost thought my merchant was taking the pXXs!!!

Sponsored Links
i pay £14 plus vat per keg, on the sunny south coast! What have you been quoted? The price i pay is more or less the same in all the merchants round here.

many thanks for the reply js.roofing,the price you quote is about what i was expecting,however! i have been quoted £26-28 per keg! from both independant and national merchants in cambs! if any one can put me onto a more reasonably priced supplier in camb or herts would very much appreciate it! cheers

Thats nowt!! I manage an asphalt plant in a quarry and we pay £591 a tonne for the stuff, and every 20 tonne wagon load uses nearly a tonne of bitumen, now you know why asphalt is so expensive. Sorry for the useless info ;)

Sponsored Links
Thats nowt!! I manage an asphalt plant in a quarry and we pay £591 a tonne for the stuff, and every 20 tonne wagon load uses nearly a tonne of bitumen, now you know why asphalt is so expensive. Sorry for the useless info ;)

:confused: We only pay £395 a ton for 988 delivered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back