Advice on Leak at waste pipe vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone could oblige with some advice on mending a leak I have encountered coming in above my bathroom ceiling.

From the inside it looks as though the felt has perished from around the seal at the waste pipe vent onto the roof and water is coming in along the pipe and dripping onto the bathroom ceiling.

If I'm trying to mend or seal this from the outside whats the best way to do it??

I have bought some new felt and was going to try and patch it with this using spray roof repair as an adhesive. From the outside it looks fine, there are no tiles that have slipped and the seal around the the actual pipe looks okay.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks

Gerry

Sponsored Links
do you have a vent pipe cowl fitted to the top of the pipe?

00106338530197970806587336652076969596513.jpg

are you using a lead slate.........

bhlthumb_f87704.jpg

......or a multi slate?

flexible_lead_slate.jpg

Cheers Noseall

There is a vent pipe cowl but its not like the one you've posted..its far more vented and just sits on top of the pipe.

From my limited knowledge, I would say its a multi slate fixing as the pipe goes straight through it and is not attached to it in any way like the lead slate fixing.

I have standard marley tiles on the roof....for once it's stopped lashing down with wind and rain in Glasgow today so I'll be able to get up for a better look and perhaps get a photo of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back