Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I have browsed and cannot see exactly what I am after.

My current extractor fan with timer (RDL model G510) has stopped working, so I have bought a replacement - Marley NDX100T.

On removing the old fan I found that there were there were three cables - Yellow, Brown and Blue coming from the ceiling, and they went into a connector block which connected to four fixed cables on the fan.
Yellow to Yellow, Blue to Blue and Brown to two cables Brown and Black.

On the new fan I have terminals marked L, N and L1.
Am I correct in thinking that Blue goes to N, Brown goes to L and Yellow goes to L1 ?

Apologies if these descriptions are a bit vague.
Thanks in advance for any help

Dave

Sponsored Links
I can only guess but I would suspect you have:-
Brown which feeds both permanent live and switched live (Brown + Black or old and L and L1 on new)
Blue neutral which will go to N
Green/Yellow Earth not required you will find a double square on new one to show it is not required.
Marley web site http://www.marleyplumbinganddrainage.com/diyer/download/674/ndx-pre-fixed-fans.html this shows was correct model NDX100B model if you did not require timer.

Thanks for the reply, I was probably a bit misleading in my description, but got it to work using my original assumption.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back