What size electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a question that I hope someone will give me an answer to :)

At the moment I have a paltry 8.5kw electric shower and flow is really poor. I have a 10mm cable going to the shower, what is the maximum kw shower I can have installed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello all,

I have a question that I hope someone will give me an answer to :)

At the moment I have a paltry 8.5kw electric shower and flow is really poor. I have a 10mm cable going to the shower, what is the maximum kw shower I can have installed?

Thanks

To answer that we need more info:

1) What is the length of the cable run
2) how/where is the cable installed. In particular, is it in loft/wall insulation, in conduit, grouped with other cables etc?
3) What is the rating of the MCB/Fuse that feeds the circuit
4) What type of consumer unit do you have and what other circuits is it supplying - a picture showing the layout of the MCB's/fuses would help here.

That'll do for a start,

Apart from the electrical questions above, you have to ask yourself why you have a poor flow rate.

What is the flow rate at your cold mains tap? What is the working pressure of the cold supply to the shower?

The more powerful the shower you have the greater flow/pressure will be needed to let it work properly, otherwise it will just cut off on the low pressure sensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back