Door Entry System Wiring - Replacing a handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've just bought a replacement handset (Bell 801) for my door entry system. The existing phone that I'm replacing has 5 wires going to different parts of the handset but their destinations are marked A B C etc. It appears to be an old "Entryphone" handset

The new Bell handset has connections marked Z T 0 R 1.

The incoming wiring has red, blue (x2, for 2-way speech I presume), brown, grey (or at least it now looks grey after 20 or so years) and orange wires. The orange one goes to a single terminal (B) and then carries on to two other terminals (F and G). The others all go to single terminals. So...

Blue (x2) goes to A
Orange goes to B (then F and G)
Red goes to L
Brown goes to P
Grey goes to a screw on the backplate (unmarked with a terminal reference)

Can anyone help me to identify which wires go where (Z T 0 R 1) on the new handset? Please see the images which include the existing wiring (photo and diagram) at //www.diynot.com/network/DIYJunkie/albums/

Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I have just come across exactly the same entry phone that I want to replace but don't know what the wiring is . Did you ever work this out ? Thanks :?:

For the benefit of anyone who comes across to this thread, I have managed to work out that this is a phone made by Entryphone Model 5901 and the company Entryphone may even be able to get a direct replacement for this legacy phone. Their website is very good and has a Compatibility chart document with all compatible telephones and connection cross references. the link is at www.entryphone.co.uk/pdf/phones/pdf

Sponsored Links
Just fixed one of these phones in the flat I moved into. Not sure if the colour of wires is standard but I have found this to be correct for the phone I fixed. 1(ringer)=green R/T (Speech to door/Speech from door)=White 0(common)=Orange Z(button one / buzzer to open door)=blue.

We have a Bell 801 intercom system operating automatic gates.

The receiver is in the entrance lobby and we cannot hear the bell at the other end of the house. We can't add a regular extension bell because we have just redecorated throughout and the distance is approx 30 mtrs. Can't fix external cable because we're listed!

Can anyone suggest a wireless bell extension or something I can fit to the existing receiver to operate a remote bell.

Can't fit a complete wireless bell set 'cos the gate is too far from the house.

Cheers! Colin.

First of all Entryphone to Bell.

F,B,G - O ( F,B,G are all linked in entryphone handset)
L - T
P - R
A - I
3 - Z

Job done.

Gate problem, you will need to be able to solder. Or if lucky screw down connections.
Get a Rectifier or a relay with one built in, on the bell handset wire O and I to the relay, on the circuit side wire the Normally open to a wireless push button. (open it up and solder to each side of the contact)

Now when the handset rings the wireless doorbell will too.
And you can carry it about with you as well!

Hi there,

If anyone can help me I would be so happy!!!
So I have the same doorbell but I have different wire:
- blue with white stripes
- white with blue stripes
- orange with white stripes
- white with orange stripes
- brown with white stripes
- white stripes with brown
- green with white stripes and
- white stripes and green

and with all that I have no idea what to connect to IROTZ ???? Please help!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

No as any wire can be used,there are no standard colour connections,post picture of old and new unit with wires connected.

the thing is that I removed the wire from the old one without taking any picture, and obviously I have no idea where the wire were connected....
:cry: :cry:

how should I do??

/thanks

You would either go to speech unit in the external panel and make note or take a picture of the connections , or if there is more than one flat connected to the system ask a neighbour if you can take a picture of the insides of the handset.

Hi sparkymarka!

Here is the picture of the my neighbour's doorbell.
Apparently the numbers and wire are as below:

11 Orange with white stripes
10 Orange
2 White Blue
9 White with Orange stripes
7 white with green stripes
1 blue with white stripes

Are you sure this is an ENTRYPHONE brand handset ? It looks like Britron from the limited picture ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back