Waste disposal unit: do you have one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just thinking about the prospect of a waste disposal unit. They are relatively cheap now, so I was thinking "would I use one?". To be honest, I don't think I would. I never need to throw much food away (and it shows! :LOL: ) but I can't think of any other use than mincing up half-eaten dinners. Now, I couldn't think of any other use for bidets than washing your behind (and possibly your front), but people have proven me wrong on that one. :LOL:

So, who here has a waste disposal, and do you use it? What for?

I was brought up to believe they are evil things that aid the breeding of rats in the sewers, has anyone else got opinions on them?

Sponsored Links
I've got one, it means I don't have smelly food rotting in my bin or animals foraging through my bibags.

Well I reckon I am probably the meanest individual on this website. I wouldn't invest in any new technology unless I was compelled to. I have a mobile phone only because a friend thought it prudent to win one for me in a competition after I regaled a group of buddies in the pub as to what a bunch of human washouts choose to use such frivolous items. I mean even my underpants are constructed from hemp!:cool:

Well overall I'd say that if it cuts down on wasteful use of plastic bags (to dump your cr@p) then go for it! I don't know how much energy they use but they make a good sound. :)

By the way can they be used as an occasional paper-shredder? :?:

Not sure, but I reckon a paper shredder would be a lazy way to eat sandwiches: just place your head where the bin should be and get a friend to pass sandwiches through.

Sponsored Links
I bought my 1st waste disposal unit about 23 years ago when they were relatively expensive, I think I replaced it twice(due to corrosion).
Have recently moved and am still in the processes of 'doing' the kitchen. I have put a waste disposal in. my partner could not understand why we needed one, until she used it.
Whilst the kitchen is still not finished & she tells her friends, she does say that she has a waste disposal unit.

Picks himself up off floor :LOL: :LOL:
she does say that she has a waste disposal unit.
Is this sad or what? Is your partner that easily satisfied?

I must get one myself and see what Mrs B thinks!

funny this post should come up now. I fitted a new tap and to do so I had to remove the waste disposal. It must have been 15 years old and the corrosion around the top part of the casting means it will never seal against the waste fitting again. I have bought a new 3 1/2" basket waste and a telescopic bottle trap to replace it. The lady says she won't miss it and hardly uses it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back