Electric Range Cooker - Wire & Amp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Lofra electric range cooker - the website says the amp is 58, but I've only seen 30 and 45 amp, will either of these be okay or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks you!

Sponsored Links
I guess the max current is 58A? Is this an all electric cooker?

You may be able to apply diversity but you should get a qualified spark to llok a this for you as you may need a VERY THICK CABLE and a new circuit to feed it.

What is this LOFRA web site, maybe we can learn more.

Lofra is an italian make of range cookers, this one is an all electric range cooker. Website address is www.lofrauk.co.uk

I have a 30amp connection with a junction box already inplace, but thinking I might need to increase this to 45amp but not sure if this will be enough, then got confused by the metnion of 58.

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Its around 58A if you had all of the rings on and both grills going at the same time.

If you plan to do this then you'd need a 60A supply. However, a designer would use what is called diversity. This allows a smaller (than 58A) supply to be provided because not all of the rings and grills will ever be on at the same time and thermostatic controls will mean that some rings are heating up, some cooling down.

For domestic ovens you subtract 10A from the total, allow 30% of the remainder and then add back on the 10A.

So you would have 30% of 48 plus 10 = 24.5 amps.
This means that you possibly could run the cooker from a 32A supply. I'd be happier with 40amps because there is a possibility that your turkey will be cold on Xmas day if you get it wrong.

Is there a cooker supply into your kitchen already?
What is it rated at?
What size is the cable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back