potterton performa 24 room thermostat question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

i have a problem with my boiler's built in timer. when i come back home from work from wherever i find that the heating isn't on then i check the boiler and the timer has stopped at random times :confused:

so i revolve the timer dial until it's the right time again and all is well but then within next two days it'll have happened again. i've come to the conclusion that the clockworkage is knackered causing it to jam

i've checked the installation manual and a room thermostat can be installed but i'm wondering if this timer can be disconnected and have a room thermostat that has a timer on it as well :?:

thanks for your time; any advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Yes this can be done no problem. If you take the PCB cover off you can disconnect the integral clock by taking ff the molex connector from the clock to the PCB. Then if you look to the bottom left hand side you will see a 5 module connector block going:

Live (brown)
Neutal (blue)
Earth (green/yellow)
230v out (black)
230v in (black)

Currently the 230v out and 230vin are linked(this is your external controls switch). As you want to install a combined thermostat programmer I would go for a wireless option, If you were just installing a programmer I would do it hard wired. What you need to do is run a 3 or 4 core depending if the unit being installed needs an earth from the following connections on the block:

Neutral
230v out
230v in
Earth (optional)

Run the 230v out to the Live and the Common on the programmable stat.
Run the Neutral to the Neutral
Run the 230v in to the Calling
Earth to Earth

Wireless programmeable stats I would suggest include the following:

Drayton
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/76816...Controls/Drayton-Digistat-3RF-Room-Thermostat

Honeywell
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/87377...ing-Controls/Honeywell-CMT921-Room-Thermostat

Cheers BGEngineer!! :D

What do you think of Sunvic ones? A heating supplier has mentioned Sunvic TLXRFP :?:

Thanks again BGE :)

Sponsored Links
Have no experience with that prog/stat mate and haven't come across one yet, so couldn't really comment. Sunvic controls are usually pretty good though, and the one they are suggesting is very reasonably priced, half the price of the other brands for the same control. Good luck on the decision.

Hi new to forums I have a Potterton Performa 24 and have a Drayton Digistat+3rf. I have followed the wiring instructions as below. I have power to the SCR receiver and the digistat is working but I am unable to get the boiler to switch on when heating is called for (I can run the boiler if I make the micro switch manually and the boiler runs)but the boiler will not kick in. I would appreciate any help
Yes this can be done no problem. If you take the PCB cover off you can disconnect the integral clock by taking ff the molex connector from the clock to the PCB. Then if you look to the bottom left hand side you will see a 5 module connector block going:

Live (brown)
Neutal (blue)
Earth (green/yellow)
230v out (black)
230v in (black)

Currently the 230v out and 230vin are linked(this is your external controls switch). As you want to install a combined thermostat programmer I would go for a wireless option, If you were just installing a programmer I would do it hard wired. What you need to do is run a 3 or 4 core depending if the unit being installed needs an earth from the following connections on the block:

Neutral
230v out
230v in
Earth (optional)

Run the 230v out to the Live and the Common on the programmable stat.
Run the Neutral to the Neutral
Run the 230v in to the Calling
Earth to Earth

Wireless programmeable stats I would suggest include the following:

Drayton
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/76816...Controls/Drayton-Digistat-3RF-Room-Thermostat

Honeywell
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/87377...rols/Honeywell-CMT921-Room-Thermostat[/QUOTE] :)

Do you have a black wire in terminal 1 of the receiver and the other black wire in terminal 3? Or rather where you had a link in the terminal block of the boiler is this now going to 1 and 3 on the receiver?

Hi BGE thanks for your reply.

I came from the receiver from 1 and 3 into the terminal block in boiler.
I also took the linking cable out which links in and out.

Its annoying because soon as I put it with the old timer and link cables it works, but the problem is the old timer in broken hence the change.

Cheers Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back