Fitting RT500RF thermostat to Vaillant 831 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

firstly i'd like to say what a great forum! I have been reading various boiler posts on here for the last month and you are all very helpful.
This is my first post and i'm a newbie to boilers in that I have bought my first one, a Vaillant 831 ecoTEC combi for a my new 3 bed.

Right.......... I also bought with the boiler the wireless Salus 500RF stat which looks a bit confusing to wire in, I will probably get someone else to fit it but like to know how things work and if they have been done correctly! (I like my gadgets).

Please can anyone advise roughly how it should be wired up, I think there is 230v way, volt free way (what ever that means???) and a way to wire it into the external thermostat loop of the boiler?

As you can probably tell im no electrician so any help anyone can offer is much appreciated and if I have done anything wrong rules and regs wise for this forum please let me know.

Cheers
John :D

Sponsored Links
The switched contacts on the Salus need to be wired to terminals 3 and 4 on the boiler pcb.

Thanks Dave........ can anyone explain the different options I mentioned for powering the unit, which one should I be using out of the 230v wiring option and volt free etc and how would the wiring run from the sender/receiver unit to the boiler.

Thanks again.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back