glow worm fuelsaver complheat 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler is not working. No hot water or central heating.

The red neon light on the boiler is lit indicating that the central heating water pressure is low.

The water pressure however seems fine and has not moved from 2 bar since its last service.

All advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the pressure is at 2 and hasnt moved try tapping the guage
ive got a vaillant and when i check its always at 1.5 till i tap the thing then it plummets :D

Thanks Kevplumb.

I've just tapped it but it hasn't moved!

Any other ideas?

Cheers

seem to remember the switch goes open when low try shorting the switch and see what happens its either open or closed so no big bangs or blue flashes turn the power off short the leads observe turn the power off open the leads observe btw turn the power back on before observing :D

Sponsored Links
I don't mean to be ignorant, but I am not sure how to short the leads.

A mickey mouse guide would be brill.

Cheers

Hi there,

I seem to have the same problem you had a while ago. How did you manage to sort it out?

Thanks

The low pressure switch blocks on these and can be removed and cleaned.

Also some models need the power to be turned off and back on in order to reset the electrics once the presure has been topped up,

seem to have same problem everything just stopped working no warning signs rang glow worm system at right pressure but total inactivity in boiler except for facia neon light still on
stripped front to look at neon indicators for diagnosis not one of these were on does this mean a replacement pcb, any suggestions would be most gratefully received

thanks sandysandy :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back