Best heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am after a no expense spared heating system. As i have a 4 bedroom 2 bath i am going for a boiler / unvented hot water tank. I have been looking at Vaillant but am prepared to spend £8-10k on a complete new system.

Any ideas/advice would be great thanks!

Sponsored Links
Big Burner will sort you out. What you need is 4 boilers, 2 thermal stores and 17 plate heat exchangers, weather compensation, underfloor heating. and 25 roomstats. sorted.

Have a look at the ATAG, if you want top quality, along with one of their unvented cylinders.

Big Burner will sort you out. What you need is 4 boilers, 2 thermal stores and 17 plate heat exchangers, weather compensation, underfloor heating. and 25 roomstats. sorted.

Yeah funny man!!
Or i could go nuclear!!!

Sponsored Links
Broag or Atag in any order if you want qulity.

Please don't get big berther off on Gledhill sludge buckets. :evil:

heatline all the way :D ... or you could go for daves idea and get a atag :oops:

btw heatline do unvented tanks as well ;)

best bet is go with all one make. so boiler, unvented tank and controls from one make. cuts down on finger pointing as if it goes tits up then cant blame it anything else(other then the installer :rolleyes: )

I could fit you something like this but it will cost you.
This is heating 350sq meters of UF heating and the client is delighted. Fitted this and had it up and running in the while of an evening.
Have still to issue the benchmark certificate though. Been running steady for about 2 months now and the house is toasting.

Hi i am after a no expense spared heating system. As i have a 4 bedroom 2 bath i am going for a boiler / unvented hot water tank. I have been looking at Vaillant but am prepared to spend £8-10k on a complete new system.

I would recommend the Vaillant total system solution.

I recommend this...

hillersden5t.jpg

[/url]

A Vaillant solution would be nice. There is no a lot wrong with the uniSTOR cylinder, it is well made. I would use a 6 series boiler.

I would fit an accumulator to it to give a hotel-type water performance if I wanted the best of the best, unless the water main was superb (unlikely!)

Look at the all stainless steel ACV Heatmaster.
http://www.acv-uk.com/heatmaster35.htm

It can be an unvented cylinder or vented. It is a hybrid unvented/vented cylinder/thermal store/boiler. Use zoning and have upstairs and downstairs on separate time & temperature zones. All in one neat quality box. It even condenses doing DHW in summer too, it is so well designed. They cost around £2,500, but most is in the one box.

Gledhill do some excellent thermal stores, that do CH and DHW. Always put a Magnaclean filter on the return to any thermal store or boiler.

Look at:
http://www.advanceappliances.co.uk/ for "integrated" CH & DHW thermal stores. The do open vented and sealed thermal stores.

With an "integrated" (CH and boiler off the cylinder directly) thermal store/heat bank, you only need a simpler, cheaper, quality boiler. The store acts as a wonderful buffer - few people on this forum understand the advantages.

Vaillant are not the best, they are middle of the road. Atag, Atmos, Broag are superior with superior control systems.

Alpha do the FlowSmart integrated system:
http://www.alpha-boilers.co.uk/products/?id=7

Vaillant are not the best, they are middle of the road. Atag, Atmos, Broag are superior with superior control systems.

No way you can put Broag in the same class as ATAG :eek: Perhaps if you had actually seen the product then you would understand why

ATAG p**s all over them in every respect. The only thing in common is they are both Dutch. :rolleyes:

No way you can put Broag in the same class as ATAG :eek: Perhaps if you had actually seen the product then you would understand why

ATAG p**s all over them in every respect. The only thing in common is they are both Dutch. :rolleyes:

Read my posts. I said they were superior to Vaillant. Which they are. ATAG is better than Broag. I have seen all of them. ATAG are bigger than the average and look odd with two flues. I have little to do with them as parts and service is an issue - OK if you have local man.

BTW, I forgot the Mikrofill Ethos. A quality boiler.

An excellent quality British boiler was the Qantum. A simple stainless steel heat exchanger boiler that was brilliant heating heat banks/thermal stores. Graham Engineering dropped the boiler and kept up the cylinders:
http://www.hotwatercylinders.co.uk/

A shame.

BTW, I forgot the Mikrofill Ethos. A quality boiler

I took one apart in front of the rep - I wasn't impressed personally. I would rate them just above Keston - I think they share the same or similar diverter valve assembly.

Pretty coil though.

BTW, I forgot the Mikrofill Ethos. A quality boiler

I took one apart in front of the rep - I wasn't impressed personally. I would rate them just above Keston - I think they share the same or similar diverter valve assembly.

Pretty coil though.

They are far above a Keston. The heat exchanger is a top model from Gianoni. They do system only boilers too.
http://www.ethosboilers.co.uk/products_45.php
This has a DHW priority function in the control system too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back