Batroom soil pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a bathroom in an extension.
The bathroom is about 4 metres away from the external wall so I am planning to route a 4" soil pipe under the floor to a soil stack located on the outside of this external wall which will lead into my existing soil pipe.
I want to know if this will create a problem with syphoning due to the distance to the stack?
Is it better to use solvent fittings rather than ring seal?
Can I plumb my shower and basin waste pipe into the soil pipe in the batroom area rather than run a seperate waste pipe for these to the external soil stack?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if your worried about syphoning :confused: why not put an aav on the branch
solvent
having said that if you can fill 110 mm waste buy a macerator :LOL:

Part H of the building regulations give details of the gradient etc. of drainage pipes. (minimum of 18mm per metre)

At 4m I think you should be well within the limits. (stated as 6m)

"1.18 Branch pipes up to 40mm diameter joining
branch pipes 100mm diameter or greater
should, if practicable, connect to the upper
part of the pipe wall of the larger branch."

Sponsored Links
If the soil stack outside is vented at the top I don't think you'll have any trap-pulling problems.
The rubber ring couplings are meant to be for "expansion joints". But I like many others like to have a few around the plumbing so things can be adjusted a litle if necessary. Use plenty of silicone spray lube. You can get the rubber ring and capping ring for some makes, eg polypipe and Terrain, soyou can make say just the branch of a Tee a push-fit one.

Terrain is good stuff, knocks spots off polypipe, though it's more expensive. Parts fit better, uv resistance better, designs better, adhesive better, guarantee 100%.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back