Which course, 17th edition or domestic installer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
would like some opinions please. Just spoke to NIC who tell me they only require 17th edition to enrol as competent person. Also acceptable is domestic installer with 17th edition to be passed within one year.
Money is very tight due redundancy i have rewired several houses in the past and am wondering which course i should pay for. I have an electrical background but no official background on 16th or 17th edition.
One provider suggested 17th edition followed by a couple of days testing to fill in the gaps. Obviously i want to pass the inspection for the NIC or other body.......What do you think??

Sponsored Links
Each of the five Part P scheme providers has their fans - some more than others. Although they are work to the same rules they each have a different interpretation on whats required to get into their scheme and once in what more you might need within any given timescale to keep you in.

Get Googling or ring them up to see what they want - some might suit you more than others. Personally I find NICEIC make up many of their own rules for their own members that are often over and above what is required in law. Often good practice but it winds many people up. You pays your money (much the same for all of them) and takes your pick.

17th would be my first recommendation you should have a local college that would offer this as an evening course you could do this while working in any profession.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back