Boiler Keeps Cutting Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

This is a first time post so please bear with me.

My boiler is currently causing no end of trouble and i am hoping someone might be able to help me out as my wife is due in two weeks and we desperatly need a warm house.

The problem is that my boiler keeps cutting out. When turned on the boiler will heat to about 70 deg before going off and dropping to about 40 deg before turning it self back on again. This is not the problem as my boiler engineer tells that this is what is supposed to happen.

The problem is that after a few cycles of doing this the boiler hit 70 deg as normal and turns off but unfortuantly does not come back on again. I have had a boiler engineer out three times now and have so far replaced the a temp controller and the PCB but is still isn't working.

If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful as i don't really fancy getting a new boiler just before the Christmas and especially with a baby on the way.

Thanks, Matt.

Sponsored Links
what boiler/model/controls/system type do you have.. My mystical powers only work on full moons.

First of all what type of boiler do you have , make and model would be a not too bad place to start!!

Sponsored Links
Hi Again

It's odd really cause we have to turn the heating off to get the hot water working.

Cheers, Matt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back