Fitting plaster coving. Adhesive??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I use Drywall adehsive to bond the coving to the plasterboard wall/ceiling?? I plasterboarded the room and have a bag of adhesive left over. Will it bond directly to unfinished plasterboard??

:confused:

Sponsored Links
You can use Drywall to fix coving. I suspect it may have the same basic formulation as Cove adhesive, it certainly looks similar & even smells the same when mixed up. The only difference you will notice is that Drywall will shrink back & dries quiet hard so you will need to keep it off the decorative face & use proprietary filler for making good. Cove adhesive on the other hand is also used for filling & making good so I suspect it contains additional filling constituents to reduce shrinkage & allow it to be easily sanded.

Sponsored Links
As above but drywall adhesive doesnt last as long in the bucket as artex or the like so dont take too long putting it up. and as mentioned keep the surfaces clean by using a wet brush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back