Help, waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just installed a new kitchen and successfully plumbed in my new shower tap, but have a problem with my waste pipe.

On the old sink, the original waste pipe is about 1m (3 feet) away from the sink, it came straight up about 0.6m (2 feet) from the floor and then angled down again to the sink trap.

Now my new sink trap (from Ikea) is much lower down then my old one and the waste pipe has to go up. It does not drain at all (the sink just fills up and takes ages to drain).

The waste pipe is made out of steel or iron and has a connector very close to the floor, I’ve tried undoing the connector but it won’t move. If I can remove the connector, can I just connect the waste pipe from the sink trap to this, or do I need to cut the old pipe so it below the sink trap and connect it to there?

Thank for the help in advance.

S9OON

Sponsored Links
Can you not renew all waste pipe ensuring you get the correct fall (10 mm for every foot).
From trap, insert piece of pipe towards wall , fit an elbow and waste, and angle it down towards its exit.be it the stack or outside drain.
Don't mess with old waste pipe, rip it out and go all the way in shiny new grey :D
Very cheap to do and within the scope of a diyer ;)

Thanks Bahco.

I cut out the old steel pipe, fitted a compression fitting elbow to the pipe and connected the new white waste pipe (sorry the kitchen is white) as you said. Took about 20mins and was so easy. No leaks yet!

S9OON

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back