electric build-in oven + gas hob ignition connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to connect gas hob ignition cable to cooker outlet box?
Or do I need to connect that to the main kitchen circuit?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could, take a piece of cable the same size as in the cooker outlet box, and run it from the cooker outlet box, and connect it to an FCU, then run the cable from there.

You could also install the FCU on the kitchen ring circuit.

The former is the preferred approach, though.

I've checked today and it looks like I have a space for one more fcu in my main kitchen circuit so I'll do that, as you said this is preferrable way.

Thanks

I'm a bit puzzled/concerned..

You say "I've checked today and it looks like I have a space for one more fcu in my main kitchen circuit" - how much checking did you have to do to determine that you had enough wall space left for something only 85mm square?

It seems such an odd thing to say that, reluctantly, I wonder if you know what an FCU is....

Sponsored Links
There is an ultra-slim chance that he meant space as in "it is permissible for me to add one more spur before the number of spurs exceeds that of the socket outlets and fixed equipment...." But I do doubt it somehow...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back