Slight Vibration/Murmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just up graded my 04 Audi A41.9tdi to a 06 Audi A42.0tdi I have noticed that when it is sitting in traffic or if i just leave it ticking over it seems to have a very very slight vibration/murmur.

Having been back to the dealer they put it through some tests on the computer and have said that there seems to be no problems showing.

My arguement with them was that my old car didn't do it but they just say that they cant find a fault.

Anybody have any ideas to what may be causing this

Sponsored Links
check the rubber mountings on the plastic cover over the top of the engine. they can cause all sorts of wierd and wonderful noises if they are split.

great car btw. get it chipped, its a flying machine!

Sadly thats the way things are with main dealers nowadays.
How the hell they expect a computer to find a rattle is beyond me!
They dont seem to have the intelligence to get the old stethascope out.

Sponsored Links
had the same problem on my bm after all the bills at local garage to try and fix it i found it myself very slight movement is viscous fan bearings removed it regreased and put back together now fine

Thanks

Once i stop eating all this turkey i will follow your lead

Happy New Year!!

Cheers

Hi The idea of a mechanic is a guy who can solve your problem with years of experience,nowadays dealers and garages employ fitters and technicians ,who keep changing old parts for new until they fix the problem,whilst ripping the heart out of your wallet....in my experience it`s normally something quite simple just a process of illimination... Great car by the way...my next will be an A4 1.9tdi

Sponsored Links
Back