Bath mixer taps with shower - no flow from spout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I have installed a brand new Century bath mixer tap with shower hose in a brand new bathroom installation running off a combi boiler (1.5 bar pressure).
Initially all was well but after a day of service the spout does not allow water from the hot and cold to flow (only dribbles), BUT when switching to shower only, hot and cold does flow very keenly through the shower hose. I've re checked all pipework, isolation valves etc. and think the problem appears to lie in tap, could there be an air blockage in the tap valve to the spout? if so how do i rectify? Basin and shower taps all work fine.
Thanks,
Jeff

Sponsored Links
either the mechanism to switch from bath to shower is faulty or there is a blockage in the spout, can't be to hard to check the spout by taking out shower connection and blowing through it, possibly polystyrene packaging got into the taps and have blocked the spout at the end

Panic over - took the spout apart and found a piece of soggy cardboard in the spout end causing the block. It's easy when you know how!
Thanks for the reply.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back