Refilling central heating system floor standing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just drained the whole system (I know mistake) to add a new radiator, now system won't refill. The boiler is an Ideal Mexico floor standing one.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
On the pipes coming out of the boiler are 2 red taps, which are fully opened. Do these have anything to do with the pressure, remember its an old boiler?

if you didnt touch then to begin with they shouldnt make adifference. they could be anything tbh. what was the water like when you drained it... balck /orange?

could be a bit mucky and cold feed is blocked..

i take it you've tried all the air bleeds.

could be worth knocking the boiler stat off and running the pump for a minute.

Yes I've tried all the air bleeds. Tried running the pump but its starts making a noise and I'm worried i'll break that too. Whats the stat?

fittings, pipeslice, copper, hour and a half.

you need to find your cold feed/ open vent entry to the system. trace the pipes from the header onto the heating.

That sounds a bit complicated for my female brain, should i try anything else before i have to take the new rad apart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back