myson apollo balanced flue

gle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my myson,which is 21yrs old is making a loud banging noise when it is fully hot.i have changed the 3way valve and pump.when it banged again i checked the pump and found that it was not running,although there was 240v to it.the room stat,cylinder stat were made,also the boiler was running.i suspect i am not getting a signal from the boiler.if so, could this be a boiler stat problem.

Sponsored Links
If your getting 240v at pump and its not turning it must be a pump fault.
How are you testing for 240,

The pump gets its power through the pup over run stat inside the combstion chamber of boiler.

Hi namsag,sorry to have mislead you.The pump was not running when the system was banging but would start up and stop the banging.When checking with my multimeter i would get a intermitant reading from the cable suplying the pump.By the time i got downstairs to check the boiler wiring it was running fine with no noise.Thanks for replying,GLE

Sponsored Links
Very likely the pump over run stat then , quite a common fault on these . Its within the combustion chamber bottom righthand side looks about the size of a ten pence peice held in place with 2 screws and 3 wires attached to the back of it which need to be taken of carefully and not ixed up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back