Potterton Prima F Boiler - is it starting to give up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys - any help on this will be appreciated.

Over the past few weeks my boiler, a Potterton Prima F seems to have been failing. When it calls for heat the relays click, but the last one, which is th eloudest click, often just clicks over and over rapidly and the flame fails to light.

Now this is happening more and more often. Also, prior to it happening on each occurrence, there has been a quiet fizzing / crackling sound (sounds like a electrical fizzing sort of noise) Apologies my explanation may not be so good but I am hoping someone will recognise these symptoms. Trying to get someone to look at it as proved impossible so far. I guess in this cold snap boiler engineers are too busy.

Can anyone advise likely diagnosis / outcomes? Any help would be gratefully received!!

Sponsored Links
probably pcb, 407677 if my memory serves me correctly. I would think this is relatively safe to DIY, is a complete piece of PI55 to change. literally about 1 or 2 mins. You could get a recon board for about £30 or so . I don't normally recommend the use of recon pcbs but this is a very basic pcb, very easy to repair and doesn't have any inherent faults.

Thanks for that. Had a little bit more of a look and took the bottom cover of. I am guessing that the PCB is on the bottom and as soon as I wiggled it whilst taking the cover off the boiler lit. Looks like a dodgy connection. Dunno if I would have the confidence to change it myself without a manual for the boiler but at least I know what it probably is.

Sponsored Links
Take a photo of it before you remove it with a decent camera ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back