Leak when flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a syphon valve from Wickes recently , and the threaded flush pipe that fits through the cistern is about 2 cm shorter than the old one.
I remember having similar problems with another one a few years ago and I replaced the old donut rubber seal with a new one and still had water coming out between cistern and pan when flushing and the thread on this syphon valve was about 2 cm shorter.
Had tightenend everything up , the backnut on the flush pipe , the wings tightened with pliers etc and in the end I just bought a new toilet from Wickes and fitted it easily and no leaks.
Does the thread on the flush pipe of the syphon valve have to be the same length as old one to prevent any leaks , assuming no cracks in cistern and the donut is new and all has been hand tightened along with about 3/4 turn pump pliers tight on back nut .

Any advice much appreciated. Cheers

Sponsored Links
its no good having a short syphon thread that doesn't sit in the pan or the water will leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back