Problem with a Worcester Bosch Highflow 400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our pilot light goes out whenever we run a bath or take a long shower. A plumber has replaced the thermocouple (???) but this hasn't worked. Has anyone had this problem and solved it ? what was the cause ?

Sponsored Links
i recently had the same problem at a customers house, after replacing the overheat thermostat and the gas valve, i eventually traced the problem to the position of the thermocouple! the fact that it cuts out on hot water demand suggests that when the burner fires on high rate, the pilot flame is being drawn away from the t/couple which allows it to cool and the gas to shut off. get your gas man to check that the pilot flame totally envelopes the thermocouple even when the boiler is on high flame

Your boiler is going to over heat. It has a pilot interruptor which if gas to water heat exchanger gets too hot it puts the pilot out.
This will be caused by your water to water heat exchanger being coated with sludge or being partially blocked.
It is a crap job to replace w/w heat exchanger, i would also recommend whoever does the job replaces the top and bottom manifolds at same time as they are plastic and go brittle through time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back