Washing machine & Dishwasher connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been trying to establish if I can connect both a washing machine and a dishwasher to the the same single cold water feed (the only feed available in a new build!).

The washing machine has hot and cold water feed pipes, which are currently connected to the single cold water feed pipe via a Y piece connector but I'm wondering if I can connect a dishwasher to one of the Y piece connector ends by removing the hot feed that comes from the washing machine?

Would it cause a problem with the washing machine if the hot feed isn't connected to anything? Or is there another way this can be done?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
I would leave the washing machine connected.
Get another Y connector & then you can connect your dishwasher to that.
So you will have a Y connected to Y

using 2 y connectors will require a blank cap to be fitted onto the spare opening on the second y and means both machines are operated from one valve, certainly the easier way but it would be better to turn off the water remove the valve, fit a t and refit the first and a new valve into the t with 2 short bits of pipe, fit and connect both washing machine houses back onto the y and the dishwasher hose to the second valve (hope this reads as easily as i think it is :eek: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back