Partial Agitation (whirlpool)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Whirlpool washer built approx 1989. The bottom part of the agitator works fine, the top does not spin at all. I can spin it freely by hand as the maching works.
Please help.. thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks.. Let me make sure I explained it correctly.
There is a part of the agitator that lies flush with the bottom of the inside of the drum. That part works fine. The upper part of the agitator is the one that spins freely.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I understand what you are saying, but what you do not seem to understand is that this is a UK based forum, and we do not have washers like you do, so we want some one who knows about American appliances who can help, but as yet we have no takers. :cry:

if you check the appliances section you will notice most Amercian requests for help get ignored, not because we want to, but because we know nothing about them

see here and here and also here

and these are only on this page, there are lots more

Sponsored Links
as you said
I see.. no reason to be unhelpful.. thanks anyway
Like most (but not all) Americans you do not see what is being offered, you can not grasp the fact that no one knows about American appliances on these forums, despite the fact we want some one.
When this is pointed out to you, you still insist in describing your appliance problem as if i did not understand you.

If people were to read before they posted then you would have realised we can not help, but alas you being an American you typically shoot first and ask questions later

My truthful responses to you keep on getting deleted. So I'll try again in a different way.
Maybe you should read my response before you talk. Apparently you do not understand quite what I was saying, but that's ok.

I can tell by other posts that you are the arrogant type behind that keyboard.

My guess is other people that use this site feel this Breezer punk is quite the .. you know what.

if you were to check through the appliances section i think you will find most will dissagree with you. its not my fault you can not understand we can not help you. that is can not, not will not help

Just been browsing through to see this most uncalled for attack...is it something in the water over the pond? Regularly look through site to see what knowledge can glean from you guys and i have to say i've learnt loads from you breezer, as i'm sure many others have. Many of us appreciate the time and effort put in, gratis, by guys like you :D and people don't always follow up with thanks after being helped so just wanted to let u know that your contributions are greatly valued. ...to the original poster....if someone can help round here they do if they can, but resorting to insults is not helpful to anyone, especially if they're not even funny :LOL: Keep fighting the good fight!

I'll return to lurk in the shadows....and wash this brown stuff from my nose

jimmycee. In a nutshell, None of us in the UK have agitators in our washing machines. We put our clothes in through a door at the front (not the top), and the whole drum spins around. The only agitators we are aquainted with are Americans that think we're unhelpful for not having the same laundry arrangements as them :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back