rubber draught excluder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea where I can buy the rubber draught excluders for external doors (timber)?

The cross-section is a circle, with an upwards pointing arrow on top. The 'arrow' fits into a groove on the edge of the doorframe, so that when the door is closed, it compresses the circular bit between the outside edge of the door and the inside edge of the frame, and stops the cold air getting in. It fits right around the door frame, except the floor.

IIRC, its quite hard to push the 'arrow' into the groove, last time I used a blunt screwdriver to do it.

Tried B&Q, a massive new one near me, no luck. Also looked on screwfix, but can't find them.

Sponsored Links
Is it the top right hand picture ?
SubCategory1_1.JPG

Yeah, thats right. The groove is about 3mm wide. Many thanks for the help, do you know where I can buy some (online is ok).

Sponsored Links
When you got yours from Axminster where did you find it on their website. Ive searched for "BEAD EXTRUSIONS" and nothing comes back.

Thanks.

to tell the truth i had the same problem as the original questioner some time ago and someone thoughtfully provided th link from the query when i asked it on the screwfix site. I will try and find it for you. I have to admit i struggle with axminsters search engine.

found it, blimey didnt realise i asked the question that long ago! Go to the axminster site and put in either of the following code numbers in the search engine and they should come up:-

A63B10

A21B10

Hope it helps. I have seen it in wickes as well for about the same price, but the last time i was in there i couldnt see it again!

Thermo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back