Water Sealing Laminate/Real Wood floor in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished laying 'engineered' (real wood) Laminate flooring in the bathroom and now need to WATER SEAL

I noticed in Homebase there ia a WESCO WOOD SEAL with a GLOSS finish

Is this the only finish (save looking for another branch) or is there a NATURAL finish as I don’t want to spoil the natural look of this flooring

I also noticed THOMPSONS Multi pupose (brick/concrete/wood) Water Seal
but it clearly states EXTERNAL USE ONLY

Regards

Sponsored Links
lordlucan said:
Is this the only finish (save looking for another branch) or is there a NATURAL finish as I don’t want to spoil the natural look of this flooring
Oil or Wax finishing products would be better and will bring a natural finish. Tung Oil is one of the well known product.
See this.

Hi

For a natural finish we use HardWaxOil (2 in 1 product). Very easy to apply and the wax in the product protects your flooring against spills and drips. One of the best knwon brands is Osmo, but more and more other manufacturers are producing a similar product. Nor sure if it's available at DIY-shops (yet).

Regards

url removed, these can be shown in your profile

Thanks masona / woodyoulike (what on earth is your URL as can't find it)

found this on the osmo website

Osmo Hardwax Oil Polyx

regards and big thanks to both

Sponsored Links
REgards
Wood You Like

url removed these can be shown in your profile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back