Another Gas Hob & Electric Oven question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to connect the ignition for a gas hob into the terminals on the back of the a oven (i.e. effectively run it off the same 13A FCU as the oven)? It's not really an option to install another FCU without ripping the kitchen apart and facing the wrath of the wife...

I've run into so much conflicting information on the web about this I thought I'd try here for clarification.

Sponsored Links
What does the manufacturer of the hob say about fusing for the ignition system?

Sponsored Links
All sorted - My original post wasn't worded very well as it should have referred to the cooker connection plate rather than a 13A FCU (It had been a very long day...)

After re-reading some of the posts and taking a proper look at the kitchen wiring I've been able to take a spur off to a FCU from the Cooker Control Panel to run the ignition.

The manual for the hob (Bosch) doesn't say anything about fusing but as it's only rated at 0.6W I've stuck a 3A fuse in the FCU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back