Vaillant Boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
We have a Vaillant boiler which has recently been moved by a corgi registered plumber. Unfortunately two problems seem to have developed. The first sounds like something is hammering inside the boiler and the second is when we turn the cold water tap on, the boiler starts up which doesn't seem correct and didn't happen before it was moved. Any ideas folks?
Many Thanks, Andy

Sponsored Links
A combination of water hammer and dead legs. A google for both of those terms should answer your problems. Get your man back.

Which model is it? A non return valve on the cold mains supply to the boiler may help with the nuisance operation as will setting d88 to 1 if you have an ecotec. You definately have a dead leg of water somewhere that needs capping and removing.

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks for your replies. I have noticed that the pressure drops over a period of about a month so there is a leak somewhere I guess. Would a "dead leg" be a pipe left after removing a radiator since that has not been done since the boiler was moved (due to removal of an internal wall). It is an Ecotek boiler by the way.

The hammtering seems more like a noisy humming if that makes sense, but it could it perhaps be due to air in the system?

What is d88? I understand the idea of the non-return valve though thanks.

Kind Regards

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back