dampproofing/tanking mums basement kitchen victorian house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey there!
i`m fitting a new kitchen in my mums house after she had a run in with a rogue!!!!!
i`ve ripped out his disaster a real bodger job to find the room needs tanking along one wall i know the process and i`m more than able for the job, but i`m finding it hard to track down the materials required any ideas would be a great help :confused:

i need hydraulic cement for the joint between floor and wall

i also need to inject a chemical damp proof course not sure which product is best

also which chemical additive for the rendering

i`ve been surfing the net but now have more questions than answers as prices very hugely from place to place

Sponsored Links
thank you jeepman :D
i`m familiar with mapei products and i`ll use there hydraulic cement
have you used any of the others mainly the additives for rendering as a membrane is not practical in my situation?

Sponsored Links
i have not used any products but i know they are very helpful at bluebay and i know they supply mapei products plus a very wide range of dampproof things as well would be worth you giving them a call and see what they can help you with

cheers jeepman been on the site thank`s for the link i`ll call them tomorrow hopefully they`ll have braved it through the snow to answear my call unlike parcell force with my screwfix order tracked it as far as the local depot but nobody will answear my phonecalls so sat about watching bonding dry instead hee hee!

again many thanks :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back