INduction hob and oven installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

After reading numerous threads im none the wiser, so wondered if someone could help me. We are upgrading the electric oven and putting in an electric hob also.

At present theres only the one very thick wire coming from the the MCB to the cooker switch unit which has a built in plug outlet.

Now, how to I go about working out if I can run them both from the one wire or plug one in etc.

As you can probably tell Im not particularly in the know would liek some guidance, the oven says standard enegry comsumption 1.10KW

Not sure how to how to work out the energy consumption of the hob as it has numerous readings

Sponsored Links
The oven will be between 2 and 3kw.

The 1.1kw figure will be the number of units it uses per hour (cycling on its thermostat)

If its 3kw or below it can plug into a 13 amp socket.

tell us what the hob says on it. or take a photo and upload it.

i thought you could no longer plug an oven into the ring main,even under 3kw,or have i misread something?

Sponsored Links
You cannot plug anything in with a standard 13A plug if its rated over 3KW. The fuse will blow!

The new regulations have GUIDANCE on how to reduce loads on ring final circuits. One suggested method is to not connect anything to the ring if it is rated at more than 2KW.
I have used the words guidance and suggested deliberately.

In any case, as this is notifiable works I suggest you use a registered electrician and let him worry about the technicalities and the legal issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back