where to fit my thermostatic shower mixer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refitting my bathroom. The length of the room ia about 20cm longer than the bath. (The current bath has a row of tiles at the end, making a shelf that fills in the space left over.)

I am replacing the bath tub (already bought) and have a thermostatic mixer (already bought) to fit. As these valves are surface mount, I was considering building a flase wall, so that i could mount the mixer on it.

Is his the best way? If so, what should i use? Ply or plaster board? (i will tile from top to bottom).

Sponsored Links
nowt to do with tiling.

my question: how do people fit surface mount mixer valves normally?

Chase out very big hole in wall? or use a false wall?

Thanks.

Depends on th circumstances. In your case, with such large spare capacity, a false wall may prove easier.

You could cover this with WPB ply for tiling, or use water resistant plasterboard, preferably tanked.

Or you could run exposed (chrome plated) pipework into wall mounting brackets

Sponsored Links
nowt to do with tiling.

my question: how do people fit surface mount mixer valves normally?

Chase out very big hole in wall? or use a false wall?

Thanks.

When you say "surface mount" I think you mean "buiilt in" like the Mira excel (biv).
Diamond tipped blade in a 9" grinder and a kango. Bury everything and tile over!
Like this.............
bathroom.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back