Help needed repairing roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all

new here and pleased to meet you all.

Ive been working on my chimney stack and in the process have broken several tiles, about 11.

Now I come to replace them i find not only is every single tile nailed twice but there are no battons rather somthing that looks like tounge and groove all over the roof, in to which the tiles are nailed.

This is obviously causing some issues as i cant fix the replacement tiles.

I have made up lead tingles (lead strips hooked around the back of the underneath tile) but was wondering if there is a better way..???

cheers paul.

Sponsored Links
if you feel that you have properly inspected the roof then okay. Otherwise to find a big concern. After finding source you need to repair the source of roof and the affected area of roof. Roof repairing material selection would be your next task. Use pop rivets to attach the roof cornice you repaired to the galvanized steel of the backing. This will make it easier to remove the cornice again should the need to repair it arise. Reinforce the anchors with rod and clamp anchors if needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back