newbie, floor preparation for engineered wood

S

sentinal73

Hi all,

Shortly will have a builder in to knock down a wall to create a kitchen/diner. RSJ etc........

I've also recently fitted my own pipework for new central heating (corgi guy did the rest, new boiler etc)

As a result, a fair few floorboards have been lifted and refitted, but are in fairly good condition. There are a few places where old walls once were, but are now brick at floor level, and there is an old hearth in front of where the back boiler once was.

Will this mean that i should take the old supporting wall brickwork below floor level and replace with floorboards, and same as the old hearth area

With that amount of work, think it might be better to rip up the old flooring totally and replace it all with WBP grade plywood in preparation of new engineered wood flooring?

thanks

Sponsored Links
ye, knock a course of bricks off and bridge the joists and insert a floorboard. Same for the hearth.

And yes, best method would be to rip the whole lot up, level joists and plywood. However, if your floor is in good condition now then just repair it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back