potterton suprima 40 - fuse blowing out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!
Can anyone help? My boilers fuse keeps blowing every time it turns on. Would like to have an idea of what the prob could be before calling some one out.

Ta

T :)

Sponsored Links
The whole idea of calling a boiler engineer is to find the fault in your case.

There are several things and the most common is a faulty pump but almost anything else can cause that problem as well.

Tony

Do you mean the 2 amp pcb fuse, or the 3 amp in the fused wall outlet?

Usually the pump would take out the pcb 2 amp first.

Sorry if i'm asking dumb questions - all a bit new to me!

Its the 3 amp on the wall...

:confused:

Sponsored Links
I had this happen to me a few years ago - a plumber tested and changed the pump and apparantly the pump had a bit of water into some section of it, which continuously caused the fuses to blow!!

well the plumber was here about 40 mins, then went out to get a new pump, then fitted it in about 25 mins. so in total took about just under 2 hours and cost was £220. not too bad i guess and he did a really good job - never had a prob since either with it (touch wood)! he said it was a rareish problem and that is why it took him a bit longer to diagnose, which was fair enough.

Great - gives me a good idea of what to expect (if pump issue). What else should i expect for Friday the 13th!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back