heatline vizo 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help i have had my boiler for 6 months an its just started playing up when using heaten or hot water the boiler ignites then goes off then ignites then goes off then runs for a bit then goes off that sort of patten help me heaten enginers

Sponsored Links
That sounds like the effect of a typical installation error.

However, as its only six months old then you can call back the CORGI registered installer to check it.

I expect its an installation error but if he is sure that its not then he can call the manufacturers.

Be aware that if the manufacturers come out and find that it is indeed an installation error, as I expect, then it will probably be a chargeable call.

Tony

there is no free rides any more

ALL installation faults will be chargeable visits.

Something has changed then!

Next you will be telling me that you dont even do one plate heat exchanger replacement when its blocked by system dirt now!

Are chargeable calls at the service agent standard rate or at a company set rate?

Charges for warrantee visits as a result of an installation error have to be paid by the owner but should be reimbursed by the installer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Something has changed then!

Next you will be telling me that you dont even do one plate heat exchanger replacement when its blocked by system dirt now!

Are chargeable calls at the service agent standard rate or at a company set rate?

Charges for warrantee visits as a result of an installation error have to be paid by the owner but should be reimbursed by the installer.

Tony

no free replacement plate heat exchangers and the customer will be charged for the pleasure of me telling them it is not cover under warranty. if they want to pay for it to be fix then heat-line(Valliant in reality) will give the customer a price over the phone when i am on site.

heatline do all the charging and I invoice heatline like normal.

It is a policy change I fully agree with. I was getting sick of installers and customers taking a dump on the wall and expecting heatline to fix it.

If you dont do any repair, what is the customer charged for a warranty call as a result of an installer error or blocked plate?

thanx for the replie but the boiler has started working again now i just turned it off at the mains for about 10 mins an i think it reset itself is that posable or do u think it will start playing up again

Your boiler has an ignition problem.

These are almost always the result of a poor quality installation and most often a faulty flue installation.

All you need to do is reset the boiler to make it work again. This does not cure the fault and the sooner the problem is resolved the less the chance of any permanant damage being done.

As I said in the beginning:-

However, as its only six months old then you can call back the CORGI registered installer to check it.

I expect its an installation error but if he is sure that its not then he can call the manufacturers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back