Glow worm Compact 100e- New DHW micro sw retaining clip rqd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to the old retaining clip corroding and no longer holding the DHW micro switch in place properly my boiler has been calling for dhw when not required.
The switch works ok but the sprung steel retainer is now dust?? I assume a minor leak in the area of the pin that operates said micro sw has caused this.

I cant seem to find a part number or anyone who can supply the retaining clip on its own. If i purchase a new switch does it come with it???

Toying with making one :?:

Sponsored Links
You have to go to a proper parts supplier like Parts Centre who will order them for you.

Its not possible to get small things from on line secondary parts suppliers because there is no profit for them in selling "O" rings and little bits.

A paper clip can often be bent to hold the switch on in an emergency.

In your case you need to replace the leaking gland!

Thats obvious to a professional but many of the DIYers on here are bodgers who want to save every penny and dont mind having to fiddle with a failed boiler every few weeks.

Tony

Ta for that,
The gland is not leaking now. Will keep a check on it though and replace the gland should it do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back