Dropping boiler pressure & leaking radiator pipe... link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine!

My boiler ( Vaillant VCW sine 18) is losing pressure over 24 hrs - i top it up to 1.5 bars, and it drops by the next day :(

There is a small drip from bottom of a red tank thing (i assume it's the expansion tank) but today i also noticed a leak from one of my rads (pics attached). It has a pipe coming out of the main imlet pipe to rad and there's a slow drip.leak from there - should i just tighten that square thing sticking out of it???
Any ideas about how to stop the boiler pressure loss please? Or is it just my pressure gauge???

Ironically, it's not affecting performance - heating works fine, as does hot water, and when either HW or CH is on, pressure needle rises to 1 bar, from zero.

Any ideas / help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Marios

Sponsored Links
Thats your radiator drain off valve for your rads. You could try to tighten it a little. This red tank you speak of, have you taken the cover off your boiler to find this? If its leaking from your expansion tank then thats bad news! Where abouts is the leak?
Your boiler is losing pressure because your losing water from your rads...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back