Expansion joints and firestops..

Fair enough Woody. I remember when I was 18, life seemed so simple then.........

Sponsored Links
The regulations include the Building Regulations, British Standards and all the manufacturers literature I can see. I can't link to all of them as they are not freely available but if you need any let me know :p
Hi denso, you're alright I've got a copy of Approved Doc A, BS5628 and more manufacturers' technical bumf than you can shake a stick at, but cheers for the offer :D

BTW if you look at the full recommendations in the same document you posted the table from it repeats what I said earlier. But you know better, right ;)
Not quite sure what your inference is on this one as I wasn't aware I had commented on anything you had said. I certainly haven't said you're wrong in anything you have said. Everyone has different opinions / interpretations. My pet hate is, "monkey see, monkey do mentality" (that isn't aimed at you btw) and all I was trying state was sometimes we need to take an appreciation of the building fabric and the environment as a whole when designing certain details. :cool:

For those that haven't fallen asleep yet this is a quick extract of what BS5628-3:2005 has to say on movement control:

Just thought I would bring this old chestnut back to the forefront :evil:

For anybody interested I spoke to BCO, he said that it is not really a thing the BCO concern themselves with and it is more aimed at NHBC registered builders.

So basically I can do what I wish...decisions,,decisions!! :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back