NEFF B1422 Built-in Electric Oven wiring in???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have bought a new NEFF B1422 electric oven.
It doesn't come with any cables at the back.

I have a dedicated 30A "cooker" circuit in my kitchen. This has it's own trip-switch in the consumer unit and also has a red On/Off isolation switch in the kitchen.

The "dedicated" 30A circuit is as follows:
Consumer Unit (30A trip-switch) --- Red On/Off Isolation switch on Kitchen wall ----- double plug socket (with on/off witches) hidden behind cupboards/cooker ---- socket 1=cooker socket 2=gas hob ignition

The cooker I removed was running off this 30A circuit via a plug, plugged into a dedicated double socket behind the cooker.

My question is this.
Can I simply attach a cable and a standard plug to the connections at the rear of my new NEFF cooker and plug it into the 30A "cooker" socket hidden behind the cupboards and cooker? What size fuse would need to go in the plug?

The ONLY other item connected to this circuit is the mains ignition spark for the gas hob.

The cooker specs are as follows:
240V
50Hz
2.8kW

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sounds reasonable, it'll need a 13A fuse in the plugtop. What do the instructions say about cable size and type?

Based on what you have said then yes you can connect a suitable cable from the oven to a 13A plug top and put a 13A fuse in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back