potterton promax he boiler wont switch off HELP PLEASE!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a potterton promax he comby boiler. it was fitted when the house was built so is 4 years old.

I noticed that although the heating should have switched itself off my heaters were hotter than they have ever been so i checked the control panel which said heating was off and water was off so i just thought its a glitch and turned the thermostate as low as it would go. Half an hour later i was burning up and heaters still hotter than ever. i went back down to the boiler and although everything said off i could hear the boiler working. so i turned it off at the socket. i left it 30 min then switched it on at the wall again. about 15min later when i went to check heaters were red hot and boiler (when i put my ear to it) was working away. I know im gonna need to call someone in to fix it but if i don't know what im dealing with they could say it was anything. Please could anyone offer some light on this for me.

Many Thanks Lyndsey

Sponsored Links
Most likely candidate would be the heating zone valve. Do you have 2 x silver boxes on the pipes in airing cupboard?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back