Belling Halogen hob not working well...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The one halogen element we have on this Belling oven out of the four (3 years old) started playing up last night. It would not turn off at all from the usual switch. Then it would suddenly go off for 5 seconds and then heat up again. Always going to maximum heat.
I had to turn the whole oven off at mains socket. Can anyone explain this issue and how best to get it fixed and likely costs. Is it a diy job for the unskiller? Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Possibly the control switch for that ring.

Have had a few where the contacts have become welded shut when the hob was turned on

Possibly the control switch for that ring.

Have had a few where the contacts have become welded shut when the hob was turned on

Yes that makes sense. I think it is in the thermostat regulator that thi scan get stuck. I have taken the top off and can see the switches, its a blue box just inside from the on/off knob.

Any way to get it unstuck and working again normally or is it a new switch/thermostat job?
S

Never found a way to fix them permanently always had to replace the switches in the end (preferably before something serious goes bang)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back