Boiler size / choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Another quick one, I need a ball park figure as to how many Kw will be needed to heat the water in our house.

We have calculated that we'll need 32.2 Kw for the heating and I'm unsure as to what is required for hot waster.

We will have 3 en-suites (all with showers only) and a master bathroom (with bath and no shower) and then the usual kitchen downstairs loo, utility etc.

I was thinking of a worcester Bosch Greenstar 50/70 is that overkill or will a 32 / 50 suffice.

Also what do we think of the Worcester Bosch boiler? Yeah or Neah?

Apparently this wasn't just a quick one... but again your comments are greatly received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
how have you come to 33kw for heating most 3 bed semis rarely need more than 10kw for the heating if that is a good guide, you will need 3kw for a regular cylinder and also a bit for heat loss,

Thanks eaton, it was the underfloor heating company that came up with the figure of 32.2Kw.

The house is 6 bed and 4 bath so I suppose that explains the output required.

Given that 3Kw is required for the water then I suppose a 32/50 boiler would be enough.

Is there benefit in going bigger on the boiler output or are they more efficient if working at optimum performance?

Sponsored Links
id try and get as close to the figure required obviously on the higher side and not the lower, can see why you came up with 30 odd kw now :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back