Fencing - What is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Any one know where I can get this fencing from and what is it actually called?

Seen it used on public properties and want some to fence off a pond in the garden, measures about 18" - 2' high and it's not the bendy pvc coated one.

Rounded hoop something or other but not sure?

Any stockists in the surrey area, if not any where else to order online?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Cheers Dave

Shortest height they do is 1 metre which is far too high as it needs to be something you (an adult) could step over whilst keeping a toddler from wandering into the pond.

They also only, by the looks of it, supply the individual hoops and the horizontal bars. Was looking for maybe pre made up sections that can be bolted together along with fixing bars into the ground in between the sections.

Need about 13 metres length wise to go round the pond (one side of it) with the addition of a gate.

so cut the ends off, it's a kit form stuff right?

leave every 4th or 5th one full length to hammer into the ground to secure it..

1.6ft hoop top railing from B&Q... didn't look very hard did you? ;)

Did think of that i.e. cut them down but then you have to put it all together in the first place. Should have pointed out that it's for a customer so quicker the better/easier.

Now who would have known they were called Kennett railings :rolleyes: I went to B&Q's biggest store just opened in New Malden and they didn't have any there, even asked as well, but then it's all in a name isn't it. ;)

Thanks

I've seen these in Wickes, any good?

154460-ab0-00_full.jpg

154353-ab0-00_full.jpg

:LOL: Don't you just love it.

The bogit & quit is nice but no cigar, in terms of asthetics or client wishes, not double hoop or what I showed in the first post. The wickes ones would just look nasty imho as they are for brick walls.

last word from the customer is that he's got one of his contractors to manufacturer the fence to spec..... better late than never, and I will fit.

Thanks guys. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back